Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Athletic Training care for players on daily basis
* Communicate with team Medical Director, Dr. Patrick St. Pierre
* Provide in house rehabilitation programs for player injuries
Requirements for position include:
* Pursuing trainer’s certification; completion of undergraduate degree and student in graduate program a plus but not a requirement
* Good organizational skills
* Good team player with great attitude
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment
* Ability and willingness to work varied and long hours
The season lasts through January and February, with games played roughly 5 – 7 days a week. The Athletic Training Intern will arrive when the players do during the middle on January, about a week before the season begins. The internship ends at the conclusion of the season.
Prospective interns must submit a cover letter and resume to officially apply to the internship program. Applicants should specify in the cover letter the season that they are applying for (Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter) and the position for which they want to be considered. Submissions should be e-mailed to Justin Reschke (at email@example.com).
* The position is paid. College credit available upon request
* Housing is arranged with local host families for those who need it
* Attire: khaki or black shorts and California Winter League Polo (polo provided by team)
* Hours: Required to be here when the team is here. Game day hours are early morning until the evening. Practice days typically require a few hours of work in the afternoon or morning, as the Manager sees fit.
* The Athletic Trainer will be required to stay for the duration of the league if hired
* If you know of anyone who may be interested in doing the internship with our professional instructional winter league, The California Winter League, please have them contact our office as well.
* For any inquiries regarding the position, email Tyler Hughes or call our offices at (760) 778 – HITS (4487)
The California Winter League is a professional instructional winter league based out of Palm Springs Stadium in Palm Springs, CA. The CWL helps players get signed and invited to spring training with professional baseball organizations as well as expose players to professional coaches and scouts. Players who have participated in the CWL have gone on to have opportunities to play at both the MLB affiliate and different independent baseball levels. The CWL is owned by The Palm Springs POWER Baseball Club, Inc.