Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Design flyers
* Create ads for program
* Design logos for merchandise
* Edit pictures for website
Requirements for position include:
* Graphic design experience (preferred)
* Knowledge of Indesign and Photoshop
* Logo design experience (preferred)
* Pursuing or completed undergraduate degree
* Good organizational skills
* Good team player with great attitude
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment
* Ability and willingness to work varied and long hours including nights and weekends
The season lasts through January and February, with games played roughly 5 – 7 days a week. All interns will arrive in early January, a few weeks before the beginning of the season,or as soon as possible (start time is somewhat flexible). The internship ends shortly after the conclusion of the season.
Prospective interns must submit a cover letter and resume to officially apply to the internship program. Applicants should specify in the cover letter the season that they are applying for (Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter) and the position for which they want to be considered. Submissions should be e-mailed to Justin Reschke (at email@example.com).
* The position is paid. College credit available upon request.
* Housing is arranged with local host families for those who need it
* Attire: khaki shorts and California Winter League Polo (polo provided by team)
* Hours: Varied (Must be willing to work long hours)
* All interns will be required to stay for the duration of the league if hired
* You will make great baseball contacts, while working closely with ex-major leaguers and other baseball contacts
* If you know of anyone who may be interested in doing the internship with our professional instructional winter league, The California Winter League, please have them contact our office as well.
* For any inquiries regarding the position, email Justin Reschke or call our offices at (760) 778 – HITS (4487)
The California Winter League is a professional instructional winter league based out of Palm Springs Stadium in Palm Springs, CA. The CWL helps players get signed and invited to spring training with professional baseball organizations as well as expose players to professional coaches and scouts. Players who have participated in the CWL have gone on to have opportunities to play at both the MLB affiliate and different independent baseball levels. The CWL is owned by The Palm Springs POWER Baseball Club, Inc.