Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Work closely with the marketing director
* promotional events both during games and at community appearances
* In charge of game day operations and post-game cleanup at the ballpark
* Responsible for creating fliers for events, contacting outside organizations, and organizing the events
* Will create contacts within a prosperous community, and with businesses throughout the desert
Requirements for position include:
* Pursuing or completed undergraduate degree
* Good organizational skills
* Good team player with great attitude
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment
* Ability and willingness to work varied and long hours including nights and weekends
The season lasts through January and February, with games played 5-7 days a week. All interns will arrive in early January, a few weeks before the beginning of the season, or as soon as possible (start time is somewhat flexible). The internship ends shortly after the conclusion of the season.
Prospective interns must submit a cover letter and resume to officially apply to the internship program. Applicants should specify in the cover letter the season that they are applying for (Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter) and the position for which they want to be considered. Submissions should be e-mailed to Justin Reschke (at firstname.lastname@example.org).
* The position is paid. College credit available upon request.
* Housing is arranged with local host families for those who need it
* Attire: khaki shorts and California Winter League Polo (polo provided by team)
* Hours: Varied and long. Must be willing to work long hours
* All interns will be required to stay for the duration of the league if hired
* You will make great baseball contacts, while working closely with ex-major league players and other baseball contacts
* If you know of anyone who may be interested in doing the internship with our professional instructional winter league, The California Winter League, please have them contact our office as well.
* For any inquiries regarding the position, email Tyler Hughes or call our offices at (760) 778 – HITS (4487)
The California Winter League is a professional instructional winter league based out of Palm Springs Stadium in Palm Springs, CA. The CWL helps players get signed and invited to spring training with professional baseball organizations as well as expose players to professional coaches and scouts. Players who have participated in the CWL have gone on to have opportunities to play at both the MLB affiliate and different independent baseball levels. The CWL is owned by The Palm Springs POWER Baseball Club, Inc.